Monday, October 8, 2007

Fun and Sun!

What a beautiful city we live in! It's amazing how much I take for granted living in a city with so much beauty. It's certainly an asset that we have a huge park and the lovely botanic gardens in the centre of our city. Craig and I decided on Saturday to get out and enjoy the lovely weather. We headed into the Botanic gardens for a wander. The place was a blaze of colour with all of the lovely spring flowers blooming! We realised how long it had been since we just went for a walk through them, it's defiantly something to do more often. After our walk we headed over to the Arts Centre and checked out fudge cottage! Yum! We had lunch from the food stalls and sat in the sun and listened to a busker play. After lunch we headed back through the gardens and got more photos. We decided to continue our afternoon with a drive down to Sumner beach then over to Lyttelton harbour and around some of the bays. After an ice cream we parked by a little beach and spent awhile in the sun. It was a brilliant day out and we thoroughly enjoyed some time to ourselves just relaxing. I totally recommend it! :)
I did remember to pack the camera on on this excursion so here are a few photos from our day out.
Today so far has been really good to me, although the weather has turned grotty and is raining. This morning I woke and read my blogs, I've been lucky enough to be drawn to receive one of Lara's beautiful journals. So a huge thank you Lara!

Then I was watching a regional show on TV and they were giving away tickets to a Fashion show/Horse racing/Party on Friday night. It's a pre cup week event and sounds like fun! I got an email almost straight away back saying that I had two double passes coming my way! Wahoo, can't wait! It's going to be a busy weekend, with SENZ on and now this to head along too.

I must now get on with the pile of challenges that have crept up on me, at least when it's raining it's excellent crafting weather! :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just love the pics Rochelle, and sounds like a dream day out to me...Way to go on winning the tickets, i think you are going to need a holiday after this weekend coming up...Have a blast..Also thanks heaps for my birthday rak.

Anonymous said...

awesome photos!! sounds like your on a winning streak....congrats!!
ahh its raining here today and I ahd to go out and get to work in it!! Over this wet weather!! Bring the sun back!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos, Rochelle!! You certainly do live in a beautiful part of the country. I love Christchurch! Sounds like you had a lovely day out :-)

Congrats on your prizes too!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos Rochelle - Almost makes me homesick for Chch! :)