Friday, September 28, 2007

Yay, it's the weekend...

Well that's the end of yet another week. Roll on the weekend! Time certainly has been flying along, can you believe it's October 1st on Monday! Also daylight savings changes over tomorrow night. That is a change that I am happy with, I can't wait for warmer lighter evenings. We bought some bikes late last summer and really didn't get much chance to ride them as it got cold and dark pretty quick. As I work Sundays there hasn't been much chance over the weekends to ride. The lighter evenings will hopefully mean we will get our daily dose off fresh air and some quality together time. It's just so easy to zone out in front of the telly on cold winter night.

Anyhow on to other topics, here are a few more items I have been working on this week. I love how the door hangers turned out, so bright! The canvas is the inspiration of a customer at work, she makes a similar version and I couldn't resist scrap lifting the idea for myself. This one I made for my sister's bedroom. I have created a set of three blue ones for our own bedroom but I will photograph them when the sun is out.

A nice lazy weekend is planned, hopefully a walk or bike ride tomorrow morning then the usual coffee somewhere. Tomorrow night we are having a few friends over, it feels as though we haven't caught up with them in ages. We got the Cranium board game for Christmas so thought it was about time we had a game with friends. So tomorrow night Craig is making his excellent Chilli con carne, and we are having a Mexican themed meal with margaritas. If I remember to take any photos, I will share in the next post. We have only played the game once on Christmas day and it was a hoot! So I'm sure it was be a great night, especially with a jug of margaritas thrown in.

Over at Scrapbook Essentials , they are running a weekend challenge and I hope to get that done. Check it out if you have a spare moment to indulge in some creating over the weekend. Also this weekend heralds the end of this months Kiwi Jack me up and Neen's Music in me fortnightly challenge. It will be great to have two more challenges to complete.

3 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

I love the long summer nights as well - roll on Summer - hope Mother Nature looks on us kindly this year.

Enjoy your weekend and have fun with the Mexican theme tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

SOunds like it will be a great night tonight with your mexican themed dinner and drinkies and a game!! I can't wait for lighter evenings, means summer is on the way. Love those door hangers, gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to DLS as well, I like being able to eat outside and go to the beach after dinner sometimes. And hopefully my kids will sleep in a bit in the mornings!! :-)

Love the door hangers and the canvas, just beautiful.

Have a great weekend, it sounds like you have a really fun one planned!