Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another weeks gone by... where are they all going?

Just thought I would share my latest creations.
This is my take on Christi's beautiful page for the Kiwi Jack me up blog. I have often admired her work, well worth a visit to her blog. I'm so happy that I finally got these photos scrapped, they have been sitting around waiting for the perfect layout. I have also been admiring the fab Fancy Pants papers for ages and now love how it's turned out.


Below is my entry for the second challenge at Scrapbook essentials. We had to create a layout about an everyday event in our lives. I choose to scrapbook the daily conversations my Mum and I have. It was such a struggle to come up with a concept and then put it all together, but in the end I am happy with how it has turned out. I would never usually use these colors but like them on this layout. On to the next challenge now, a layout with no photos. I have a idea for this already which is pretty quick for me. Now just to make it happen! hehe


On to other subjects, I was wondering how many of you out there read books regularly and what sort of genres do you read. I only have a handful of friends who are readers. I enjoy to read "Chick Lit" anything that is easy to read and lets you live life through over woman's eyes. At the moment the book I'm reading I'm thoroughly enjoying. I don't think it's the story line so much as the fact that I haven't read in awhile and I'm being reminded how nice it is to read in bed at the end of the day. I found out that the author of this book has written several others that I will have to get reading after this one. It does amaze me how many Chick Lit books are set in the London/New York regions and seem to be based in either advertising or broadcasting, or at least most of the books I seem to read are.





In other news Craig came home the other day and told me he thought it was time to sell his car and get something different. I was a bit blown away by the news, it was sort of out of the blue. We had talked about changing cars earlier in the year but he didn't seem keen. I wanted him to make the decision, as it's his pride and joy or at least was. It's no longer very practical for us with wanting to go camping etc. Anyhow we spent hours on Saturday getting it looking like new with a wash, polish and vacuum and it's now listed on Trademe. So we now wait nervously for someone to want to buy it, so we can get something else.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Jack layout! So bright and pretty, and a great take on Christi's page. Also loved your SE layout too - the colours work very well together.

Good luck selling the car! Boys and their cars - it's quite a funny relationship isn't it?? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your layouts are rocking Rochelle!
I read a LOT of those chick lit books earlier in the year and yip - all in London! Hee hee... one I read was a lawyer though.

Monique said...

Hi Rochelle, your Jack is just fantastic...bright colours are my fave and I love how you have jacked Christi's layered paper look...cool photos too, all those gorgeous flowers!

Anonymous said...

I too am a peony lover and pink as well. Love your take on christis layout. As for reaidng I used too be a big chick lit reader heavily so when I was single. But I would mix it up with crimer and thrillers as I like working it all out. I have given a lot of my chick lit back and love the thrillers.

Mrs Frizz said...

Another peony lover here in the deep south ... I love the pinks, the burgundy, the whites, love them all. Gorgeous.

Layout is beautiful. Well done.

Hope the car selling is relatively pain free and hassle free. Good luck.

Julie said...

I love peonies, I love your layout!!
How amazingly gorgeous it is!
Your SE work is fabu - isnt it a neat challenge?
I dont read a lot of chick lit - I'm more a romantic thriller girl.
Good luck selling the car!