Thursday, March 8, 2007

Our weekend trip to Dunedin


One of our New year's Resolution this year is to have more weekends away, so over the past weekend we headed for a wee road trip down to Dunedin, stopping along the way at the townships and of course, there had to be trips to scrapbook shops! he he
We set out on Saturday morning, stopping along the way and arrived in Dunedin about 5pm. I was really amazed how big Dunedin is, and the buildings are beautiful, I didn't get to take many photos as we were on the move all the time. I will certainly think about it more on another trip there. We stayed at the Leith Valley Touring Park in a cabin, I was impressed at how neat the place was and how friendly they were, we would defiantly recommend it. On Sunday we went for a drive around, out on the peninsular, then to St Clair's beach. The weather was fantastic and the beach looked so inviting! We had a look around the shops and found some more scrapbook places, but I must say we were both very tired from the trip down, next time I think we will go for a few more days. I would love to travel down further south on our next excursion.
These photos were taken at Moeraki Boulders, on Monday morning when we drove home the weather was stunning. We detoured to Geraldine and checked out the Barkers Jam store and other shops.

We really did have a fabulous weekend with the best weather, it couldn't have gone better!
Now on to planning our next weekend trip away.







Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Hubby & I are heading down to Dunedin & Invercargill in early May, for our wedding anniversary. We're hiring a campervan so I will check out the place you stayed, sounds fab! And I'm excited about seeing the boulders and all the great buildings ... oh and the chocolate factory!

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend - what a great idea to have more weekends away!
I love to visit the boulders when we are driving through (we drive up to ChCh annually) I find them so fantastic - like a bunch of giants marbles dropped!
I spent many, many happy weekends in Dunedin as a teenager visiting my best friend who deserted me to there!
Grew to loath the hills though - LOL!

Mrs Frizz said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend away to Dunners. Some of the old historic buildings are just beautiful. It's amazing that they were built so long ago and have stood the test of time.