Sunday, February 25, 2007


I thought I would have a few moments on the computer to catch up on my blog. Craig is watching "Pimp my ride",
I must say it's a funny show, but I would rather be here doing this at the moment.
We have had a busy weekend, two birthdays yesterday. My good friend Bronnie, had her birthday bbq last night which was heaps of fun. It's nice to get out and meet new people and catch up with people you haven't seen in awhile. Her and I started the celebrations of her birthday early, with a day trip to Akaroa on Thursday. We packed up a picnic lunch and headed off, the weather started out grey and cloudy, but turned out to be nice. We spent the day having a wee look all around Akaroa's shops, had a lovely picnic lunch, followed by smoothies. These were some of the photo's we took. I must say I like the one of Bronnie practising being a painter shows her personality to a tee! hehe

We also had my grandfather's birthday yesterday, we couldn't make his birthday dinner last night, so I baked a birthday cake for him. Also one for Bronnie. I love to bake as gifts for people, it's always fun to try out divinely rich cakes recipes! These ones were chocolate cake with layers of a raspberry creme fraiche filling, then covered in a mocha ganache. Must say it certainly wasn't a Weight Watchers cake!!! but I did have a wee piece :) hehe

So
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to Bronnie and my grandfather Ed,
hope you both had a great day!




1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh YUM!!! Those cakes look and sound so scrumptious. I cant bake so I'm a big appreciator LOL.
Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, nothing beats a bbq with friends!
:)