Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Raisen Oat Cinnamon Cookies

I thought I would share one of my favourite biscuit recipes. I've just made a batch and they smell great! They never last long around our place, I do suggest you try them.



Raisin Oat Cinnamon Cookies

125g softened butter
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of plain flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ cups rolled oats
¾ cup raisins

Preheat oven to 180C. In a bowl cream the butter and the sugars together till pale. Add the egg and vanilla and beat together. Mix together all of the dry ingredients and mix into creamed mixture. Roll dessertspoon amounts of mixture into balls and place on a greased oven tray, flatten with a fork. Bake biscuits for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 30 biscuits

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum - these look great!! I will definitely be trying them :-)

Anonymous said...

oh Rochelle they look fab, thanks for the recipe. your making me hungry though.

The Pilgrims said...

I've just written down the recipe, not working this week so might just have to try these! Thanks Rochelle.

The Pilgrims said...

I made these yummy biscuits yesterday and got the thumbs up from everyone here! Will keep that recipe that's for sure.

PS: This is Nikki from the SE forum, forgot that our login is as a family not just me!