Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It's been awhile.....

I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted a blog entry. I really just haven't felt much like posting lately. In fact I haven't even really felt myself at all. I've been putting it down to the grey and dreary weather getting me down, but I feel it's more than that this time. Since I was a teenager I have suffered with depression on and off again. It was quite serious when I was younger, but of late I have had it under control. As I've been feeling up and down lately I have decided to get it sorted, so have got an appointment tomorrow with a naturopath. It will be good to get some help, a bit of a health revamp is needed I think. This got me thinking about what other people do when they feel a bit blue, if you have a great pick me up idea please post it on my comments and I will randomly RAK a few comments.


Anyhow on to brighter news, on Saturday we headed out with my sister, her fiance and their new little dog to Port Levy, a small bay with a picnic area. The weather over the last days of last week were so lovely and warm that we decided to make the most of it. It was great fun to get out and have a play with Oscar the dog, he's such a cutie.

On Saturday evening we were invited to dinner at our good friends. What a lovely meal they put on for us. It's been a real treat to be invited over for dinner to several friends places lately. We had a good laugh listening to the "You choose 40" on c4, it was 90's hits. Our other Saturday night thing has been to watch the Star Wars movies on TV3, in fact I have hired Episode 3 to watch tonight as we haven't seen it. As I never saw them as a child I have had to have help to indentify all of the characters, I think finally I might have sorted it out in my head :) hehe

On Monday I was very lucky to be asked to go wedding dress shopping with a friend of mine. There certainly are some stunning gowns out there! As most know I loved every minute of planning my own wedding and it's so much fun helping with her plans. I sometimes think that wedding coordination would be a fun job for me, I love every aspect of them.

I've finally made a start on our wedding album, I have done the first four pages and are happy with most of it. I have found it so difficult to scrap as I want to keep it really classic and simple, yet I also want to tell the story of our special day. To keep the simplicity of it I have chosen to stick with just black,white and the teal of our wedding. I will post the layouts when I have finished the album, all 30 pages!!! I also got the layout for Junes altered tag swap finished just in the nick of time yesterday. I know it's meant to be anonymous but a huge thank you to Beverley for the beautiful and bright tag I received. Today the first challenge at Scrapbook essentials has been released, to create a layout using homemade embellishments so I better get my thinking cap on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rochelle, sorry to hear you've been dealing with depression. I have had postnatal depression twice, so I can relate to the feeling of wanting something that helps! For me, getting time out for myself and doing something I enjoyed was really important. Letting go of some of the more mundane things - housework, etc - and just doing something I liked. I also used Rescue Remedy a fair bit - my depression was linked with anxiety, so it helped with that. The other thing that really helped me was keeping a journal. Writing down how you feel can help a lot - and your blog may not be the place for such private thoughts. Anyway, I'm sure the naturopath will have some other great ideas - and I'll be thinking of you!

PS. Love the layout, and good job starting on your wedding album! Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Its the season for it Rochelle. I have been feeling like my tank is empty. I made a list of things that make me happy that help me fill up my tank e.g. (soaking in the bath, massage, coluring in etc, going to the movies on my own.) Like Hannah writing things down helps me. Also I have reintroduced things like eating fruit, drinking water(sounds silly but over winter I stopped drinking water.) Like Hannah I also use rescue rememdy during these times.
Seeing the naturopath will be a great kick start. Love the layout and your album sounds like it will be fab. I haven't even thought about doing mine yet.

Mrs Frizz said...

Hope the visit to the naturopath does wonders for you. When the weather is yuck as it has been, and one is feeling a little down, it does make it hard to bounce back. Look after yourself.

Treat yourself to some 'me time'

Beverley said...

Sorry to hear you've been down. I rely on the sunshine and really start to feel it when the days are gray one after the other. The sun shone today so I'm good for now! Like the others have said - take time for yourself, do something to pamper yourself, something you enjoy, something different. Love the layout by the way! :o)