Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Weight Loss Challenge


I thought I would start to write about my weight loss at Weight Watchers. It all began last year when my good friend Bronnie, got sick of hearing me moan about how I wanted to lose some weight (especially for our wedding). She suggested we both sign up for 8 weeks before the wedding and see how we went. It was the best thing she could have done, I am so happy I joined. I started last year with a goal to lose 7 kilos in the 8weeks before the wedding, and against all odds I managed exactly 7kg. I decided however to forget about weight loss over the wedding/honeymoon period, I just wanted to enjoy myself. Then there was Christmas, which I took the decision to also enjoy myself over and didn't watch anything that I ate. Soon as Craig went back to work I decided that it was time to sign up again, so I did for 12 weeks. I had gained 2.7kg over this period, but didn't mind. Today was my fourth meeting of the 12 weeks and I gained my 5kg bookmark. My total weight loss to date is 9.3kg, so I am stoked! I hope that by adding this to my blog, I might inspire someone to make the change too. I have a fair way to go yet but every little loss counts. So I am going to update my progress each week after my W.W meeting. :)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Congratulations on your weight loss so far, Rochelle! Awesome! I'm also on a weight loss journey, trying to lose the last 10kg of extra "baby fat" ... and my "baby" is nearly 2 1/2, LOL! Anyway, I joined Curves and I'm doing Weight Watchers (I am a lifetime member as I lost 15kg about 6 years ago) ... so far I've lost 3kg, so a fair way to go but I know I'll get there. I'm sure you will too, and it is great when you have support and encouragement from others. I will follow your progress with interest! Keep up the great work!