Saturday, November 10, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

After having a great squizz through the latest Making Memories Season of Joy Christmas Idea book I've have been busily dashing about the place today gathering supplies to make up some Christmas decorations. I got some clear baubles that can be filled with photos etc. I will share pics of those once they are completed. But I couldn't wait to get this one done, so this afternoon I completed this fab Christmas tree made from the FANTASTIC new Basic Grey Figgy Pudding range. I am in love with this great range of papers!!! I covered a Styrofoam cone with loops of paper strips and secured with pins. It stands about 70cm tall and I'm hoping to make a smaller one to stand beside it. Check out the book for full instructions, it has lots of great ideas to decorate your home.

Anyhow better buzz and cook some dinner, we are trying out a new recipe. Chicken and cranberry salad with pine nuts then off out to a fireworks show. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*GASP*
That is gorgeous!!!! WOW! I love it and I think you are very talented! Those papers are fabulous, too!

Have fun tonight at your fireworks show. We are finally having ours and the boys are very excited!

Anonymous said...

I agree that is stunning!!!! what a fab job you have made of that! oh that recipe sounds yummy!!! How did it turn out? Enjoy your fireworks!!

Shell said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it :)

Hope the fireworks went well too :)

Beverley said...

I agree - it's stunning, gorgeous and absolutely cool! And those papers are really neat, I just saw some in real life yesterday, such neat colours.

Anonymous said...

I really love the new BG christmas papers. Tree looks fab Rochelle, very cool! I have the Making Memories Christmas book and have a few things in the making :)

Mrs Frizz said...

OMG - that is bleedin' awesome ... well done you ... it rocks!!!


Hope you enjoyed the fireworks ... and that dinner sounds more than a little yummy!

Vicki said...

Good on you - tree looks great. I've got the book too and it must time for another look at it.

Anonymous said...

That tree is beautiful and stunning. I would love to know where to get ahold of one of those Christmas Idea books from Making Memories.